Friday, July 4, 2008

Red, White & Blue Day

Happy Independence Day America!
I was reflecting on all the locations I have watched 4th of July FIREWORKS. This is probably not an exhaustive list but here's what I can remember. (* denotes multiple times)

  • Richard Montgomery High School- Rockville, MD*
  • Wheaton Plaza- Wheaton, MD*
  • Lakeforest Mall- Gaithersburg, MD
  • THE Mall- Washington, DC*
  • Venice & Casperson Beaches- Venice, FL*
  • A random field- Somerset, PA
  • A High School- Fairfax, VA
  • A relative's neighborhood- Pflugerville, TX
  • Our neighborhood- Buda, TX
What was/is your favorite spot to watch the fireworks? Have you ever been out of the country on the 4th of July? I have once~ I was 20 years old and on a missions trip in Guatemala. It was a strange feeling knowing that your whole country was celebrating this huge, fun, festive, patriotic holiday while I was in a place surrounded by people living out a normal, plain, regular day.

My Dad is actually out of the country right now- in Senegal on his way to Guinea- Bissau on a missions trip. Please pray for him! Thanks! Here's a photo of my wonderful parents on the 4th two years ago.